Tasmanian has a diverse workforce that supports a range of industries in the state, these include:
- agriculture, forestry and mining – including dairy, fruit and berries
- manufacturing, particularly in advanced manufacturing
- transport and logistics
- critical business support and specialist services such as finance, insurance, and professional and scientific advisors.
We are growing. As our economy continues to grow and diversify, the Tasmanian Government is committed to supporting that growth, including through:
- investing in education, training and development of our workforce
- supporting and encouraging skilled migrants to come to our State
- committing to a population growth strategy.
This will enable us to meet the demand for jobs now and, through workforce development plans and working with investors and industries, be ready for opportunities as they arise.